Sunday, October 7, 2012

Kona: October 7th

We are up bright and early for the PATH 5k run this morning.  Judy and Sparty are just going easy and I'm going to try to push a solid tempo effort and do something around 23 minutes or so.

On Friday night sparty treated us to a real nice dinner at Huggo's--we all had some wonderful fresh fish.  Yesterday, the three of us went down to the pier for a 25-minute swim.  I feel great in the water--I love swimming here--my favorite place I've ever swam (athletically).   We walked through town and did a little shopping and had lunch at Lava Java's.  Later, Sparty and I went out to the Energy Lab for a 3.5 mile run.  Yesterday was cool (for Kona) for most of the day but it was quite hot and humid down in the Lab while we were running at 3:30 in the afternoon.

Last night we had pizza at our place and walked out on the lava in front of our house as the sun set....a couple of pics:



No comments: