Wednesday, May 17, 2017

it's on!

We talked to Anders just before his dinner on Wednesday night in Nepal and learned that he and his team are departing for the summit early tomorrow.  Their target for a summit attempt is in the 21st-23rd time period, depending on how the weather develops between now and then.   Tomorrow, the plan will be to progress up through the Ice Fall all the way up to Camp 2.  Here's the latest forecast:

The numbers in the circles are wind speed (mph).  Red numbers are snowfall in inches.  Negative numbers in the pink are hi/low temps in F.  Bottom numbers are wind chill forecasts....

We'll of course be updating as events unfold.

Onward and upward!

1 comment:

Joseph Cazalas said...

Our prayers, thoughts, and hearts are with you guys as you get closer to a dream that millions share!