Monday, August 16, 2010

more encouraging signs

raced Tuckahoe yesterday. Best news was that my bride raced her 3rd tri and dominated her AG--awesome Judy!

We also were joined by our good friends the Baums and their daughter Chelsey, who also did great!

I had the race I expected. More than competitive on the swim (17th out of 259). Almost all the way back on the bike (2nd overall) and the run--well it still needs work.....

anyways, I finished 9th OA. AG-wise, my good bud, Wes Burns was there and (as true in the last 10 or so times I've raced him) he is just too strong in these sprints for me to have a chance. At 54, he finished 4th OA, narrowly missing a podium. At least I was leading off the bike--I wish I could run!!!!

I would have won most of the younger AGs so I'm pretty psyched about the whole affair.

Back in DE today to help Alex get going in pre-season soccer. I am DEAD-tired (we had a Sunday-funday last night) but I need to rest up for 6 bike hours in the heat, hunidity and hills of DE tomorrow---this week is going to be a major grind but it will be the week that I need now....

keeping on

No comments: