Sunday, August 29, 2010

another week down

Wanted this week to be another big one but the stress of the last 3 caused my body to say: "no". Back has been sore all week.

I decided to back off of the bike and focus on the run and I had a pretty decent week considering the pain my back was laying down. The best news of the week was today's swim.. I made a pretty significant change in my swim stroke (essentially over-exaggerating a front-quadrant swim stroke)--I did this as my non-wetsuit swim is so much worse than my wetsuit swim. I needed something to counteract my sagging hips--and guess what--it really worked. I took 6 minutes off my 1.5 mile open water swim today and more importantly, I didn't have anywhere near the fatigue that I have been feeling in my swims without a wetsuit. This is a huge boost for my confidence with respect to Kona. I'm going to try to reenforce this stroke change this week and if it sticks I think I could have a pretty comfortable (and decent) swim at Kona--which would be great given my horrible history with non-wetsuit swims...

Anyways, this is what my "easy" week ended up at:

7700 yards swimming
196 miles on the bike
34 miles running
19.4 hours training

No comments: