Saturday, August 21, 2010

Big Block Syndrome

My prior two weeks were 25 and 21 hours respectively with last week including a race. This week was to be a very big week--targeting 29 hours. I was on track through yestertday (21 hours through the first 5 days) but my back got very tweaked--sore and very stiff.

Not a surprise really, when I push these big blocks my body has a tendency to force me to back off a bit. Unfortunately, this mornings workout was to be my long run. It's probably the most important workout of the week but I'll need to skip it. Lots of rest today--maybe a light spin later. I have the LAF 100 tomorrow which i still hope to do.

If my back holds together, I'll make next week a run focused week and try to get two longer runs--say a 10 miler and a 16 miler in....

I'm very happy with where my fitness is at (with the enduring exception of my run). Even though I'm fatigued and have little nigs and nags, i can feel the underlying fitness. I know I'm already good to go for Kona and I have another 49 days to put the finishing touches on it....

Still, would have been nice to hit that long run this morning....

No comments: