Saturday, August 23, 2008

Locked and Loaded--21 hours to go!

All systems go! I did my usual Pete Reid day before an IM special this morning. First up was a pleasant 15 minute swim with a few accels. I felt great. Water was a bit nippy--maybe 63 degrees but no worries. It was a beautiful clear, calm morning with the temp about 52 degrees. I ran into Clint Lien who is here camping with Pete and chatted with him for awhile. I hadn't seen him since our Tuscon training camp. He invited me out to join the gang again next spring which sounds real tempting! But that's a story for another day.

Next up was a nice 15 minute run. Felt decent. I hit Starbucks for a Venti (I don't know if it will be good for me physically but mentally I love not doing a coffee taper this time around!). they had a super cool farmer's market on main street and I scored some home made PB cookies--sweet.

Finally, a 30 minute spin and I felt AMAZING. 200-250 watts at about 135-138 bpm HR. of course I only did that for about 10 minutes...but hey, good sign!

Early lunch mtg with the CEO gang then bike and Transition bag check in this afternoon....almost game time!

No comments: