Monday, August 25, 2008

Day after

I feel remarkably good considering the rough hour I had after the finish last night. I just read Anders' hijack of the blog and it was fun to read!

I talked to Judy and we agreed that if the slot rolled to me then I should turn it down. This does make sense given the physical toll these IM races are taking on my body. when I went to the awards breakfast this morning I prayed it didn't come to that because that would be a heavy mental conflict for me. when the first fellow turned his slot down I thought, oh no--here we go. But fortunately the next two guys took them and saved me the agony of that decision.

Bryan and Desiree Flicker had breakfast with us and Bryan presented me a ridiculously large and beautiful trophy for my triumph as the fastest 50+ CEO. Never has the trophy/performance ratio been so out of proportion! Anyways, it was pretty cool getting the trophy from the race winner and getting my pic snapped with the pros. We had a very pleasant breakfast and i feel like I made some nice contacts with some like minded folks from around the world. I told Bryan that he was welcome to home stay with us the next time he does Eagleman (he stayed in Wilmington a couple of years ago).

I took my bike apart which is a lot easier than putting it together and packed up. I'm hitting the awards banquet tonight and then heading to Vancouver and back home tomorrow....

No comments: