Monday, August 11, 2008

Lezak, Coldplay, IM and man at his best

All six of us stayed up late last night and watched the 400 meter FS relay. We were screaming and jumping up and down and ultimately crying. If you're not inspired by Jason Lezak and the rest of the team then you need to have your inspiration glands checked.

Recently saw Coldplay and they were magnificent. At times i got shivers as they performed.

My daughter is heading off to Tisch in NYC this fall where she will study drama--I'm always overwhelmed when i see her perform.

I think it truly is special when you watch other people perform (be it sports or concerts or whatever), especially on grand stages. it truly brings out the best in people. It's a spiritual thing for me.

And that's the way i feel about an IM. I'm very excited to race in Canada--irrespective of what happens--because I know it's a special, spiritual experience--one that will surely bring out some of the best in me....

13 days!

No comments: