Sunday, August 3, 2008

21 days--a bread and butter week

3 weeks until IMCAN show time!

I just finished a "bread and butter" IM preparation week:

25+ hours
290 miles on the bike
42 miles running
12,000 yds swimming

A little less swim and a little more run then I had planned but I was pleasantly surprised by how good my legs felt post IMAUS--decided to take advantage of it. These are the kind of weeks that make one Ironfit. I'm very optimistic about my progress this week--I seem to be peaking just right and I'm not feeling any lasting negatives from IMAUS.

Next week is more of the same starting tomorrow morning at 5:30 with a 7 hour ride/30 min run brick. Towards the end of next week we'll start the taper and get focused on the final prep for what will hopefully be my qualification race--more on this latter.

2 comments:

Vlad said...

Most CEOs are working tomorrow morning. The CEO Challenge is meant to be a fair competition for C-suite execs who cannot train 25+ hours a week. It's a chance for people with only limited training time to make it to Kona. It's not intended for the way you are abusing the integrity of the program.

Burke said...

vlad,

I worked and trained with Randy. There is no harder worker in his profession or his commitment to being a triathlete. There are 24 hrs in each day and Randy uses every hour to the max. I think your comments are off base. I also think you owe him an apology.