Friday, August 1, 2008

24 days to go

Mostly through the first of two IM specific weeks. I'm very happy with how my body is responding to the heavier volume and intensity post IM Austria. Several highlights include a number of good swim sessions--both open water and in the pool. My last pool w/o included a 500/400/300/200/100 descending ladder with the 100s averaging right on 1:30. I did a solid 118 mile bike ride on Tuesday and had a very intense 3 hour interval/tempo ride with Anders yesterday followed up with a nice 25 minute T-run. this morning I felt pretty darn good throughout my 15 mile/2:15 run (9 minutes/mile) and am now heading out the door for another 4-5 miler. Things are looking up for IMC!

1 comment:

Vlad said...

118 miles on a Tuesday. Doubt the other CEOs could put in that time. You think this is fair?
10:45 was the slowest qualifying time in your age group last year. You shouldn't get into Kona with an 11:30.