Saturday, December 14, 2013

Long Trek/Climb summary and pics from Shenandoah

Here is a summary of my 11 Long training sessions (mostly in SNP but also in LA) for Aconcagua, which I have completed over the last 6 weeks (I've also done numerous shorter efforts here in DE):

and here are pics from the last three days in Shenandoah:

Lower White Oak Falls:


Upper White Oak Falls/Winter Wonderland:


 Summit of Hawksbill Mountain--the highest in SNP:

Descending from Hawksbill in deeper snow on the AT:


Bobcat tracks on the Cedar Run descent:


The logs I shimmied across on my tummy to fjord the firgid Cedar Run:


Big bear tracks in Limberlost:


A nice lunch on a gorgeous winter day:


The steep and fun Robertson Mountain (East side) trail:


Robertson Mountain summit--very cold on this morning:


Strange tracks on the Old Rag Fire Road:



Old Rag from the base of Robertson:







No comments: