Monday, June 21, 2010

Two weeks to Germany

I had a solid race yesterday (if you ignore the whole running part of it). I'll post a RR shortly. Facing facts, my run is not going to be ready for the big show in 2 weeks and I see a great deal of suffering for me after I get off the bike--I don't wish to sound negative but that is what my 93 triathlons of experience is telling me....we'll see, I'll take it one step at a time if it comes to that.

I'm now into my taper (yeah! maybe this will allow my hip to heal a bit). My numbers for the past week reflect the start of this process:

Swim: 8382 yards
Bike: 150 miles
Run: 21 miles
Time: 15:44

I anticipate a workload of 10 hours or so this week and just 5 next week. I head for Germany on Thursday night July 1st and expect to arrive in Frankfurt just 45 hours before game time....

No comments: