Saturday, June 5, 2010

Jersey Genesis Quick Flash

-Raced today at the 15th annual Jersey Genesis Triathlon..race report to follow--this is a summary of the headlines

-Mixed results though on balance disappointing

-I did win my AG--top time by 3-4 minutes against 22 people in my AG...however....

-I felt pretty bad in the swim...almost puked in T-1. Probably should not have used a full wet-suit. also I have been robbing Peter (my swim) to pay Paul (all the things I couldn't do after the bike accident) and now i think I need to crush my swim for the next two weeks...still 2nd out of the water in my AG

-I had the best bike in my AG by a fair bit but relative to my known standards I was pretty bad today. I think the reality is that if I continue to train 22+ hours/week (which I am just completing) and do long rides/runs (115/17 miles) in a race week then I really can't expect to crush a sprint race.

-Or maybe I'm older and not really in very good shape--from an absolute perspective...

-the main isssue i am dealing with is whether or not I should do E-man this weekend. Here was he plan:

6/6: bang out 2:30-3:00 hours on the run plus about an hour of easy bike spinning
6/7: 1 hour on the alter-G (9 miles) and then a 3500 swim and a 50 mile multi-surge ride.
6/8: 1 hour of pt followed by a max-out 115 mile bike ride
6/9: 3000 swim/1 hour easy spin and a 6 mile run///then travel to San francisco
6/10 easy jog in SF
6/13: eagleman

the question is should I bail on e-man and just try to catch up on my training as much as I can...IM Germany is just around the corner,,,or should I just kill myself at e-man...

BTW, It's going to be close to 90 degrees....my guess is that e-man will be slow and painful

2 comments:

Tri-James said...

I think if you read your post you answer most of your own questions.

Racing with 22 hours in your legs = not best performance!

rcmioga said...

I hear that and suspect that was at the very least a contributing factor.