Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bassman Headlines

The results are not yet posted but since I was there I know what happened.  Here are the headlines:

1. It was once again a great event.  It was once again very disorganized.  Love it or leave it!

2. I'm not very fit yet.  I knew that going in and my data supports that.

3. Despite my lack of fitness I still thought I could tactically execute a race plan that would yield an AG victory for me (and better OA performance than last year).  I did a really good job of race execution today and despite being quite unfit I was able to grab the AG victory--very satisfying.

4. I'm definitely getting fitter.  My numbers today were way better than New Orleans 70.3 and I feel much better post race tonight.

5. Still, the main point is I have a ton of work to do.  I need to do it starting now.

No comments: