Friday, September 2, 2011

The week that wasn't

So decided it was best to back off a bit this week. i did stick a 102 mile ride on Monday but my body was protesting on multiple fronts. The most worying and novel was a definite case of incipient Plantar Fascitis....I've been aggressively treating it since Tuesday and also allowing my body to generally recover from and absorb all of my training over the month of August.

On another front, i was finally able to get major progress completed on the revisioning of my race bike. I've completed the replacement of my drive train (upgrade to Campy Super 11), my power meter (SRM wireless with a Garmin Edge 800), new FSA/SRAM cranks/chain rings, and I've converted over to clinchers on my racing rig (Zipp Firecrest 800/Disc). I've taking it out for a couple of test rides, but I still have work to do to get it dialed in.

Lots of folks visiting us at the beach given the prior weekend wipeout due to Irene.

So, I've decided to not race my C race at Marlton tomorrow...I feel a bit cheated by this as I was ready to take down a few folks in my AG but racing there and being gone for 10 hours tomorrow just doesn't work.

I have the Ironman World championship 70.3 to head off to next weekend and I need to make sure my body can handle a half-Ironman...even if it's just a prep for my real deal in Arizona in November....

I think this is the mature and seasoned vet decision to take but I sure don't feel that good about it....

No comments: