Friday, September 23, 2011

Down in Cambridge tonight

Back in Eagleman land--I haven't been here since Eagleman 2008--which was the 4th year in row that I did that 70.3.

Tomorrow I'm doing a new triathlon called Skipjack. it's part of a 4 race triathlon "festival" tomorrow. The key event is the Chesapeakeman--a full IM distance race. There is an associated AquaVelo--which I did as part of a prep for IMFL in 2007. anders did it with me and finished 3rd OA and I was 6th (top Masters). There is a sprint race called Bugeye and then my race, which is similar to a Half-IM. The swim is 1.2 miles, the bike 64 miles, and the run is 10 miles. With the longer bike and shorter run it works in my favor.

There are only 108 people in the Skipjack race, with 11 in my AG. Looking at the AG competitors I should be right in there if I have a decent race. The swim is in the Choptank and when I felt the water it felt cool enough for wetsuits. The weather is terrible--it has been raining constantly and pretty forcibly. Tomorrow calls for more of the same. Humid and windy but temps in the 70s and low 80s so not so bad. Part of the bike course has about 3-5 inches of standing water on it so that might prove to be interesting....we'll see.

8:10 start so time for bed....

No comments: