Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August--mission accomplished!

Up in NYC yesterday and today. Last night was my daughters 21st birthday and we celebrated by taking her and her friends to The Monkey Bar in Manhattan. AT the end of the dinner they brought her out a big slice of cake and everyone in the restaurant sang happy birthday. Turns out Jimmy Fallon (host of Late Night and ex-Saturday Night Live guy) was there and he came over and sat with us to wish Kara well. Here is a pic:

Anyways, august is in the books--the first of my three month IM build. Here are the stats for the month:

Swim: 35,000 yds
Bike: 1212 miles
Run: 147 miles
Time: 101 hours

I also had 5 long bike rides and 3 long runs and swims.

So mission accomplished. Probably over-emphasizing the bike and may rebalance a bit in September. I certainly would like to run more but life (kid moves, hurricanes, job, etc) and my body are definitely limiting the amount of run work I can achieve right now.

I'm a bit concerned about my body's ability to hold up to this volume. I have little twinges in my left knee, my hip abductors, and my right plantar facia....all have to be closely monitored as well as making sure i don't overtrain. So, my plan is to stay on the plan but I wouldn't be surprised if I found it necessary to back off a bit in September. Also, with two long course races this month, I'll have to make some concessions so that my body holds together....

Always, on track so far!

No comments: