Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May (I?)

May totals:

35,000 yards swim
823 miles bike
55 miles run
70.5 hours

Obvioudsly, the story of May is the missing 100 miles and 11 hours of running due to my knee...

The good news is I ran for the first time in 10 days today...3.3 miles. Relatively pain free and surprisingly fast--under 8 minute/mile pace. Two ice sessions after and it seems ok...(I also biked for almost 4 hours and swam 2000 yards...:))

Crossing my fingers here but very encouraging. Plan is to try to run every other day--short--for the next couple of weeks and see if I can begin chasing the Kona dream again...

I'm very excited. I'm also very trashed tonight--it was 100 degrees today and I felt awesome and I went way too hard with too little drink--very dehydrated tonight....

(I'm still very psyched about the knee thing....)

No comments: