Sunday, May 15, 2011

Good news, bad news

The good--my 2011 plan has so far unfolded about as well as one could hope. Yesterday, I had one of the stronger races of my career--certainly one of the top 10 or so races.

The bad--my knee. While it was a non-factor yesterday during the race, the severe limitations on my ability to train will surely come home to roost--and soon! I actually can't remember my knee being as bad as it is now over the last 10+ years....

Darn!

Trying to respect it/plus, having to obey the pain....pretty weak effort, training wise this week:

swim: 8300 yards
bike: 160 miles
run: 19 miles
time: 15 hours

Off to San Fran tomorrow. Seeing my ortho on thursday. I might need to reboot things--despite my strong results so far...i have to get back to my normal baseline where I can go out and run 30-50 miles/week (not comfortably, but not with the pain I have now)...if I don't, that will be a very bad thing for sure...

No comments: