Saturday, June 4, 2011

Training to get fit enough to train

Ran 6 miles yesterday. The knee is still not "normal" but seems to be fairly stable. Will keep to the every other day approach for another week and go from there.

My main focus over the next two months will be sure that my training is sufficient so that beginning Aug 1st I can do the work necessary for my IMAZ build. During that 16 week build there will be 30-40 key IM workouts that I need to hit. These are swims greater than 4000 yards, bikes of 5-8 hours, and runs of 2+ hours. I have some work to do on the swim but it will come naturally when I shift over to open water swim training in another week or so (down at the shore). I'm pretty much ready right now for the bike (I rode 4.5 hours this morning). The run of-course, with my injury, is where I have to make the greatest progress--and I need to do so with no more injury setbacks.

Race-wise, I'm skipping the sprint I had scheduled for tomorrow but am hopeful to return to racing nexgt weekend...

we'll see

No comments: