Thursday, February 4, 2010

I hope it's not about the bike!

So today was one of those days--an Ironman day! got up at 4:30. In the pool for a quick 2500--drill oriented swim.

Went home and got Alex off to school--Judy is away visiting her parents.

Ran 45 minutes on the Tready with 3 miles at an easy Tempo pace of 8 min/mile.

Drove to NJ and rode 64+ miles over 4 hours. Weather at game time was 29 degrees with 15-20 mph wind. Sunny though so not so bad. Snaked a Wawa hoagie in woodstown afterwards.

So 3 hours on the CT yesterday and 4 outside today--sounds like good stuff on the bike--the reality is that it's very difficult to be truly fit to attack a HIM bike leg in March. I'm 50 days out from Oceanside and my bike has a long way to go.

Normally (in the summer) I'd be banging 3-4 rides each week over 40 miles and 1 of those in the 80-120 mile range. I'm lucky to get outside twice a week now. We had 2 inches of snow on tuesday which put a crimp in yesterday's ride and I moved up my longer-ride to today because we are looking at 18-24 inches starting tomorrow afternoon.

Grrrrrr.

No comments: