Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week/Month Stats

Finished up a pretty decent week. I would have liked more volume coming off my easy week last week but with one day chewed up by travel back from Sundance and another with an 7 am to 10 pm work day I'm happy with where it ended up. Also, I'm still a little cautious of my knee but it definitely felt better this week coming off the low volume week last week. Stats for the week:

175 miles on the bike
31 miles running
13,000 yards swimming
a bunch of weights/EFX
21.3 hours

For the month, I was up slightly (except for the run) vs. December but I was short of my volume objective. The knee problems mid-month are the cause. Basically, I expected to run 4-6 more hours than i did this month (and two of those were to be speed sessions) and I would have expected another 30-40 miles for the month. In any event, here are the totals for January with a comparison to December:

Bike: 882 (January) vs. 824 (December)
Run: 127 vs. 152
Swim: 44,000 vs. 40,000
Time: 94 vs. 93 hours

Looking ahead, I'm now a day short of 8 weeks out from Oceanside so the next few weeks will be critical to securing the tools I'll need to be successful there. I'd really like the next 10 days to be a big heavy training block before I take a few days off to snowboard with Alex. It will be especially important for me to get some big runs in and with my injections coming up I plan to roll the dice there a bit....we'll see!

No comments: