Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cross Training?

Well it snowed somewhere between 25 and 28 inches last night and today. I went out in the backyard and measured. I spent 4 hours today shoveling (I must have a bit of OCD because I do like to do it)--does that count as cross-training? My lats would vote yes but alas my training workout log does not have an icon for it so I guess not!

Did spend 2 and a half hours on the CT today (something I think will be the norm for some time with all this snow--by the way, I blame that groundhog Pete--nothing but a big rat--why did you have to see your shadow?). All the usual CT stuff (SL drills, high cadence, spin-ups, etc.)--my key interval set was 8 X 2 min @ 280+ watts with 3 min of recovery--ouch!. Hopped off and did a 30 min tran-run and have to say the old legs felt pretty darn good. Yesterday I did a very challenging 8 mile trail run and was positively attacking it over the last 3 miles! Happy-happy! I start my injections on thursday so it looks like the mini-knee crisis of a couple weeks back has been overcome...

No comments: