Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Last week

Well I have to say that a great deal of my energy and motivation were effected by the horrible events that unfolded on CNN....having two sons and many friends and relatives in Boston made it tougher for sure.  Obviously, the people in Boston are the real ones impacted but we felt it here in Delaware as well.

I returned from Florida on Monday morning after having visited my Mom in Naples.  Monday afternoon of course then happened.  Judy and the girls left on Thursday for Phoenix and I took over dog care duty.  I did escape to the beach for a couple of days and visited with our friends the Baums and tested out my new TT bike.  I determined that the drop was a bit much and am currently modifying it by about an inch (my old drop was 5 and 1/8 and my new drop is currently 6 and 1/4)--hopefully this will lead to happy riding and no neck pain.  it was difficult to tell how the bike is vs. the older TT01 due to the ridiculous wind I had to ride through at the beach this weekend.  30mph crosswinds with 808s does not generally lead to happy thoughts in the aerobars.

In any event, I shouldered through on the training doing more than I wanted to.  I definitely withdrew from the First Bank of Motivation (which I hate to do) but hopefully it will actually get nice out at some point (I had to run in a winter hat and long pants the last two days) and all will be right once again in my training world.

Here is last weeks data:

Swim: 8000 yards
Bike: 197 miles
Run: 37 miles
Time: 19:55

this morning I did my 200 swim repeats in 2:55, which is at the very least, heading in the right direction...

onward and (maybe) upward!

No comments: