Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Last week

As I mentioned in a prior post I had to make some trade-offs last week.  Alex and I were in Minnesota and had a pretty full travel day back east on Wednesday.  I also wanted to slip a race in this weekend.  So, I missed a few workouts and skipped my long ride last week.  i was able to get a 15.5-mile run in on Thursday so that was helpful.  Anyways, last week's totals:

swim: 5700 yards
bike: 194 miles
run: 24.3 miles
time: 16:14

I'm racing again on Saturday so this week will again be a bit lighter than I'd like but I only plan on racing 2-3 times before Kona (which is 8 weeks away) so I'll have plenty of time to get my final training push in.  Without the travel this week will be closer to "normal".  On Monday I tried to do my long run but was just to fried (post race plus the heat) to do it so I called it a day at 7 miles.  Yesterday I did a 103-mile bike ride and today did a 4,200 yard swim so this week's totals will be stronger.

Onward and upward!


No comments: