Thursday, August 2, 2012

A typical (IM build) day

I'm often asked what a typical day looks like--my response is usually, they are all different...because they are....but today was as about as typical as an IM build day could be.  I'm coming off two days where I had my long run and my long ride.  I have my long swim tomorrow.  Here is what my typical day looked like:

42 miles on the bike in 2:23 (17.6 mph)...several tempo sections....mostly respecting the mileage of yesterday (101 miles)

jumped off the bike into a 60 minute/7-mile brick run--negartive split and felt better continuously as the run progressed

3000 yards in 47:23 at the end of the day--I was focusing on a couple of technique cues from my friend Bill--lots of extension and a greater rigidity in my core to better link up my upper and lower body

a bit more than 4 hours....nothing special....day 4 of a 10-day block....on-ward and upward!

No comments: