Sunday, July 15, 2012

Positive signs--the ones I expected!

Raced Lenape yesterday.  I was eclipsed by a better triathlete but finished 2nd in my AG.  OK swim....actually,  compartively good, but less than I would have expected.  A much better bike than last week.  Still--and it's clear in the numbers, either due to RAAM, or my big training weeks, I'm still a ways away from being fully on.  But, I did still manage to post the best bike split OA--out of 244 triathletes.  And I actually didn't really stink up the run--very exciting race---race report soon!

2nd week of the Kona build:

Swim: 8700 yards
Bike: 277 miles
Run: 33.3 miles
Time: 23:12

Relatives visiting next week.  I'm so primed to start winning my AG (and I was a bit unlucky yet again this weekend--I would have won Stone Harbor by 7-8 minutes had I picked that race this weekend).  But I'm bailing on a race next Saturday, I know I would win to be a good husband.  it will also allow me to really go after it training wise in the week ahead.  Tomorrow morning I'll start the week with an 100 mile ride and we'll build from there.  I definitely want at least 25 hours but with no race this weekend I don't want to limit it...we'll see, but I suspect a real-deal week!

No comments: