Sunday, July 1, 2012

Last week

This past week was spent recovering from RAAM.  I'm quite surprised at ho toasted my legs are.  I'm fine for going out and spinning along in Zone 1 but anytime I throw another log on the fire my legs start to complain a bit.  Felt a little better the last two days.  Where I really notice it is on my runs--my legs are very sore and it's all I can do to manage a 9:30 pace.  I did get out and start up my open water swimming and I don't seem to have lost much even though I had 10 days without swimming.

Last week's totals:

swim: 6,000 yds
Bike: 186 miles
Run: 16.7 miles
Time: 15:22

I'm now into my Kona build.  I have my first long ride tomorrow morning--probably shoot for 80 miles of relatively easy riding.  I'll try to do a "long" run on Wednesday--probably 10ish miles given where my legs are at.  I'll also do a 3000 yard OW swim--those are the three key workouts.  I'm going to keep the overall volume on the low side for an IM build week to make sure I don't get any post RAAM overtraining like effects--I'll probably shoot for around 20 hours or so and hopefully ramp from there as we move through July

No comments: