Sunday, July 8, 2012

Faster, Stronger, Longer.

This is the focus.  Inside of 14 weeks to Kona.  96 days.

My body is definitely showing signs of recovery post RAAM.  That said, it's not fully recovered.  The good news is I feel better tonight--on this Sunday night than I did a week ago--this is a good sign given a wek that included some honest to goodness IM Build training and a sprint race.  The bad news is my body is not nearly at 100%--some nagging issues and a body that is not really ready to really go for it.  Still, I'm very bullish on the progress this week and hope that the next week of training continues the upward ark.

As i mentioned prior, I wanted to keep my efforts under control this week given the post RAAM effect.        
I targeted 20 hours of work and cam pretty close:

Swim: 8950 yards
Bike: 241.3 miles
Run: 28.5 miles
Time: 20:49

My 4 key workouts were spot on:

Long ride: 81.5 miles
Medium ride: 52.5 miles
Long run: 95 minutes
Long swim: 3000 yards

This week the plan is to ramp up 15% or so on all of these numbers.

As far as Kona goes, I'm in a good place--i could just about hit my T2 exit time (7:30) right now given my current S/B fitness. My run is another story.

I raced yesterday and finished second--to a far better triathlete--that post will probably be up tomorrow.

To bed now--looking at 5 hours on the bike and a 3000 yard swim tomorrow...

No comments: