Saturday, June 16, 2012

RAART Post 4

We just finished our first full shift at TS2.  We dropped back to 10th but it's still tightly bunched.  We'll see how the other sub team does out through TS4 to get a better read on where we stack up but it's safe to say we'll be middle of the packers....

My last shift was on the flats near the Salton Sea just after sunset.  i got my first taste of night time riding and it was mesmerizing.  I felt great blasting across the dessert some 200 feet below sea level.   I really had to focus to avoid the shredded semi-tractor tire tread and the odd 2X4 that seemed to litter the ground.  I also rode throw huge swarms of bugs--fortunately I brought my phototropic glasses so the clear lenses protected my eyes (but not my teeth!)

We are still stopped at TS2 in the big bus.  I rented a hotel room for 1 hour for $30 and treated the team to showers which felt amazing after the heat of today and sitting in our sweaty bike clothes all day!

My fourth and last shift of the day was fun and pretty fast--here are the stats:

22:44
8.5 miles
246 avg watts
88 rpm
22.3 mph
143 bpm avg HR/155 max
350 cal

Goping to try to get a few hours sleep.  We are back on--probably around 4:45 at TS 4.

Until then, sleep tight!

No comments: