Saturday, June 16, 2012

RAAM Post 3

Pulled a relatively flat shift but into the wind.  My 3rd shift started at the bottom of the Glass Elevator and was through the Anza Borrego Dessert.  Even though it's 7pm it's 97 degrees.  The dessert road is filled with cracks so it's a bit bone-rattling!

We learned that through TS1 we were in 5th of the 18 8 person teams.  We also had a 1.5 mile mistake on the first  (un-suportted) pull.  Since we were just two minutes out of 4rd, we are hopeful of moving into 4th on this leg.  However we have 5-6 teams just a few minutes behind us.  It's a long race so all of this is probably irrelevant.

Here is the data from my 3rd shift:

32:09
9.77 miles
231 watts
18.2 mph
80 rpm
549 calories
146 avg HR and 161 max

I had planned on trying to average around 200 watts so you can see I may be pushing it to hard.  I do feel pretty good however, and my HR seems very resaonable.  I may back off just a tad for the 4th pull.

No comments: