Sunday, October 23, 2011

Biggest week behind me--4 to go!

My virus/cold continues to plague me--especially at night, but it really hasn't been enough of a bother to slow me down. I missed a couple of my w/os this week but by and large executed my big IM-prep training week this week. Totals for the week:

swim: 10,700 yards
bike: 349 miles
run: 42.5 miles
time: 31:02

My long w/os were:

swim: 4200 yards @ 69:18
bike: 120 miles @ 6:56
run: 20 miles @ 2:56

A couple of other comments:

-I've now completed 8 long swims/8 long bikes/9 long runs during this IM build--I should be able to get to my goal of 10/10/10 over the next two weeks
-My long w/os will be a bit shorter this and next week on the bike and run
-My swim splits were 34:04 and 35:14. My overall swim time was 33 seconds slower than last week, but I did this long swim on the 4th of 4 consecutive swim days and the prior week I did it after 3 days of no swimming--so, I'll take it. Also, I don't think I pushed quite as hard this week.
-My run was great. Also, I did the 42.5 miles in just 4 runs--I took 3 days off from running so my legs feel quite good this evening--should be able to hit another big run week next week.

Looking good at this point!

No comments: