Thursday, April 22, 2010

walking wounded

So went to Ortho (yet again) today. I have a ruptured bursa sac (whatever that is) on my right elbow. He extracted about 2-3 oz of "motor oil"--which is his term for old blood--it did look very black. No infection but I'm on heavy duty antibiotics. the good news is that I'm good to go for swimming which I will reengage on tomorrow.

The bad news is that my left hip--the one that gave me so much trouble at NOLA continues to deteriorate. I have an prescription to see a physical therapist on Wednesday but i suspect that I'm going to be horizontal (fitness wise) at best for the next few weeks....Germany definitely at risk....I have to say it's quite painful, even just sitting....I ran a little more than 5 miles today and my left leg feels like it's dead....

I have a better feel for why I had nothing on the bike/run is past weekend....looking like rehab time...

2 comments:

PWickman said...

Hey Randy,

Love reading about your triathlon adventures. I'm just getting into the sport myself and competing in my first 1/2 IM this summer. Was wondering if you could recount some of your cycling workouts with more detail? How did you get so strong on the bike? Also, what would you say are some must haves for the bike portion of a long course tri (bike components and training workouts) and where can I cut some corners on cost and time?

Hope the recovery is going well.

rcmioga said...

peter--send me your e-mail and i'll respond to your questions...