Thursday, April 15, 2010

2010--round 2

Well, all packed up and getting fat on my taper....I fly to NOLA tomorrow morning. with any luck by dinner time I'll be all unpacked with my bike reassembled and ready to hunker down and take it easy until Sunday's race.

With the Kona slot out of the way I get to try a very different race in New Orleans than the one in Oceanside 3 weeks ago. I'm going to push it hard on both the swim and the bike and then try to take what the run gives me. Looking over last year's results in the 50-54 AG is interesting. A couple of observations:

Of the 174 people only 1 broke 5 hours and that was Dana Lyons (who is a top 20 guy in my AG)

No one broke 30 minutes in the swim

The top bike time was 2:28:19

The course is flat and potentially fast but the heat, humidity and wind were big factors in 2009. The forecast for Sunday calls for a high around 80 degrees and humidity of 60%. winds are forecasted to gust to 24 mph....

It might be hard to post a super fast time given my susceptibility to the heat but I'd like to race hard and aggressive none-the-less. It would be nice to place in the top 10 of my AG....

We'll see. I have no pressure and just want to let the big dog out to hunt and see what happens....

more latter

No comments: