Saturday, April 17, 2010

top 10 reasons to do NOLA

Good day today. SBR'd and checked my bike in at transition. The swim seemed fine--very muddy and a little choppy but i think it will be fine. There is wind and there is heat but then we knew that.

I had breakfast with Lindsay Corbin and one of things she said was that she always wrote out the top 10 reasons why she was doing the race so that when times got tough she would remember those reasons and push through. So here's my shot:

1. I love to be fit and to train. The races i do motivate me to do the training even more diligently than I would otherwise. Races like NOLA demand a real commitment to training. The fruits of my training will be revealed in this race.

2. I like SC races but to me LC races will always be what triathlon is all about.

3. I like challenges--especially difficult ones.

4. I'm building towards Eagleman and IM Germany where i hope to set PBs at those distances--this is a good step in that direction.

5. Kona is windy, hot and humid. I'm going there. NOLA is the same and so it's a good dress rehearshal for me.

6. I held back tactically at Oceanside--I get to go for it here. When it hurts in the race it's because I'm going for it.

7. I've never done it before.

8. In X years I won't be able to anymore.

9. Running down Decatur street in the French Quarter

10. Race number 88 on my way to 100!

No comments: