Thursday, December 3, 2009

today's 3000

Nice little workout day today!

Decided I was a little burnt pool-wise from two hard interval sessions this week and since I had to bump up Friday's swim to today (flying to west coast tomorrow) I decided to just cruise through a 3000. Did first 500 in 8:48 and second in 8:50 which is about a 74 minute IM pace. Even though I wasn't really doing a time-trial I decided to pick it up as I felt pretty good and lo and behold I finished the 3000 in 51:23 which is a 72 minute IM swim pace. Not bad for December! I think the fact that I'm a stronger swimmer than I was in 2007 and I'm ahead of my training versus 2007 means I have a good shot at going under my IM swim PR of 66....

Beautiful day today. Actually ran outside without a shirt--again not bad for December!

Was only supposed to cruise for an hour on my trainer but since it was nice I went outside and rode for 2.5 hours. One of the advantages of self-coaching is the ability to adjust on the fly and i intend to do that a lot this year--basically get outside and ride whenver the weather let's me this winter.

Clearly looking like a big week with 17:45 in trainin ghrough the first 4 days with some big rides with anders in LA this weekend....

No comments: