Monday, December 14, 2009

Still on plan

Another week down. This was supposed to be a recovery week and I guess it was--of sorts. I ended up a little over 20 hours which is a little more than I intended. 189 miles on the bike, 30 running and 8750 in the pool (plus some EFX and weights).

I had to contend with a fair amount of work including a Monday session in San Diego which was followed by a red eye flight and a Wednesday night/Thursday day in Boston so that took a bit of my flexibility away. I had intended to run a little less and get in the pool one more time--oh well.

My body and mind seem to be handling the volume. An interesting stat is that in the first 44 weeks of the year, the number of times I went 30+ miles running in a week was zero. In the last six weeks, I've beat that target 6 times.

This week will have a little more volume and will again feature some speed sessions on the bike and run. I started the week with around 4 hours today. Easy run and bike and a fairly tough swim. Main set included 4x200 @ 3:00-3:05 and 7x100 @1 :27-1:30. Definitely felt sluggish and slow--probably in part related to hard weight session prior to the swim.

Up early tomorrow and I'm off to NYC for work Wed/Th so will have to get creative once again....

No comments: