Thursday, May 5, 2011

Devilman Sprint Preview

Racing again on 5 days rest this Saturday. Devilman is a 0.4/21/4.1 triathlon. I've raced it the last two years so will have good comprables to evaluate against post race. I won my AG in 2009 and finished 2nd in 2010. 300+ in the triathlon so it's good size for a NJ sprint race. 16 in my AG and I am clearly #2 on paper. John Dawson aged up this year and he won outright his first triathlon of this year, beating among others, Tom Dillon, who took me pretty easily last Sunday. So I'm racing for second--on paper, I should be able to secure it, but we'll see!

My legs have not bounced back very well after last Sunday's race. My left knee is still quite sore so I have been forced to basically bail on training this week--3 "rest" days. I probably needed it anyways. It may be one of the things I have to deal with if I do as many SC races as I plan before switching over to LC focus in August.

Saw my ortho this morning for my first Syn-Visc injection of the latest cycle.....I'm hanging in here but definitely showing my miles...

No comments: