Saturday, September 21, 2013

Here we go!

Back at the hotel around 8pm and pretty much ready to go.  It rained and rained and rained all day today.  the winds blew.  The waves were enormous.  Horrendous conditions.  the water temp fell all day and is now 57-58 degrees.  We picked up Anders at the airport and stopped in Truckee for some Pasta--a bunch of cars in the parking lot had snow on them--the snow level was apparently between 7,000 and 8,000 feet.  The top of our highest climb is 7200 feet.

Forecast for tomorrow is 27 degrees air temperature at race start with no precip and little wind.  By 10 it should get into high 30s/low 40s.  Looks like its a go at this point.

I've done I can do.  It's going to be very cold but I think I'm ready for it.  I'm going to be very conservative--especially for the first 5 hours of the race.  My objectives are:

1. Stay safe (this is the prime objective)
2. finish and be grateful
3. do as well as I can
4. Qualify (if I do the above three then I think this fourth one takes care of itself....)
5. Have Fun (if I hit 1-4, then there is a good chance for 5...)

Beam me positive vibes!

No comments: