Sunday, July 24, 2011

Making it happen!

So, a good solid "let's prove it"--that I'm ready to start training rigorously for my IM in november-- kinda week. My focus this week was to do a key w/o in each discipline that would clearly indicate I was ready for IM level training AND to heap a lot of volume on the week to see how my body held up. I was successful in both regards.

My key workouts included:

-1.8 mile swim
-104 mile bike
-14 mile run

The total training volume for the week was:

7400 yards swimming
354 miles biking
42 miles running
29 hours of total training

So, all good as my body is hanging in there....I'm a little whipped for sure but I'll back off a bit this week and then after next weekend dig in and begin the quest for IMAZ--I'm psyched!

The other good news was I picked up Anders today as he returned from his Africa trip.....

All good now!

1 comment:

Cort the Sport said...

I'd like to see a post that talks about how you manage to fit this all into your life! Your numbers just blow me away!! You are a good reminder that I am capable of more! I enjoy your posts -