Monday, August 1, 2011

Whew--time to move on!

So, I went with my family to Minnesota last week and we had the memorial service for my father. It was a meaningful and special experience. The focus was on celebrating his life. We had relatives and friends from all over the country attending. I'll continue to miss my father but this weekend was a good basis to move forward.

I did do the Walker, Minnesota triathlon on Saturday as well. My good bud Bill did it with me. A really intense storm/squall line blew through during the race and I certainly had my hands full with my 1080 front wheel and 40 mph winds! I did win my AG and had (by any reasonable measure) an awesome swim. I did what I had to do on the bike and limited the damage on the run. I'll post a race report in a few days.

With the end of July, I've finished the 2nd of my 3 meso-training cycles for the year. I'm now officially beginning my IMAZ 16-week build. (Today was a slow start given the 14 hours of travel time, but I did get a short run in).

MY last week in July was a recovery/consolidation week--here are the totals:

9500 yds swim
155 miles bike
14 miles run
13:27 total time

The totals for the month of July are very satisfying:

29,200 yds swim
1124 miles bike
127 miles run
91:40 total time

More importantly, I enter my IM build phase very ready to do IM-level workouts--beginning this week. I'm very motivated and Physically sound and stable. I won my last two races in July and I have Anders, my training bud around for a few more weeks--look out baby! It could be good!

1 comment:

Swim Bike Mom said...

I'm glad you had such a special memorial for your father - a celebration of his life is wonderful and glad to hear you had a good race too. :)