Sunday, June 12, 2011

On the comeback trail!

So continued my running "comeback" this week--logged just over 20 miles. So will now begin again a more rigorous running component to my training. The near-term goal remains to get myself ready to be able to clock a 2+ hour run each week beginning August 1st. Totals for the week:

Swim: 8100 yards
Bike: 242 miles
Run: 20.8 miles
Time: 19:43

Two further positive developments. First and foremost, Anders has returned home for the summer and in addition to the general all around goodness of having him back home, I have regained my training partner! We have already logged 3-4 tough bike sessions and a couple trips to the pool. The last time I was able to train with him for a whole summer was 2008 and I'm hoping that his return will allow me to regain some of that timeframe's fitness.

I also raced at Jersey Genesis. Jumped into this race due to family logistics and a much more competitive field than the Try-It beginner's triathlon. I had a very positive race and ended up finishing 2nd out of 28 in my AG. i'll file a race report shortly.

No comments: