Sunday, April 24, 2011

Worked hard this week

Easter/Good Friday took away a couple of swimming opportunities and Anders' stuff arriving on Saturday morning took away a 5k I wanted to do but besides that, I was able to get a very solid week of training in:

Swim: 7000 yds
Bike: 269 miles
Run: 40 miles
Time: 26:41

Both the bike and run had a good speed oreiented workout. I did several 50 mile rides on the bike where I pushed it pretty good for sections. I also had a couple of stretch/weight sessions as well--good solid week.

Looking ahead I plan to train pretty hard through thursday. Take a rest day on Friday and I'm racing this weekend in my first sprint of the year. May will be a very important test of whether my training plan is moving me along on my road to IMAZ or not. I plan on racing 4 times in May and perhaps as much as 6 of the next 7 weekends. If my results are not "there" then I may need to revamp my approach. I don't think this will be necessary but I will be looking closely at my race results in May to hopefully confirm I'm making the progress I need...

More on the May plan and the very exciting race I see for this Sunday as the week unfolds...

No comments: