Monday, February 21, 2011

Back in DE--very sore but hungry to train!

Well--it was an epic snowboard/snowmobile trip out to Park City, Utah for sure! The highlight was the 24 inches (!!!!!!!) of fresh powder we awoke to on sunday morning. Probably the single best snowboard trip of my life---I spent the three days chasing Alex around the mountain and I must say that we are very compatible snowboarding buddies--we really never stop and we are always with our noses to the ground looking for freshie (fresh powder). And on Sunday we found so much of it!

Anyways, my triathlon training suffered as a result, but I do think it's important to take into account the physical stress of hardcore snowboarding as on Saturday and Sunday, I knew it was insane to even contemplate running after the stress that my body endured on the slopes. My quads are fried and both of my groin muscles are strained to say the least.....

Oh well--not so smart as a triathlete but way smart as a human being! I'll throw some pics up in a day or two but in the meantime--here are my lowly stats for the week:

Swim: 9000 yards
Bike: 137 miles
Run: 16.7 miles
Total time: 25:40 (12 hours snowboarding)

I know I'm behind where I usually am training volume wise but I think in the long run, and by time I hit IMAZ in November, I'll be thankful that I am.....

I hope!

No comments: