Wednesday, February 9, 2011

back from the dead?

sunday past I did a two-hour (just over 13 mile) "long" run....easy pace. Monday lit into a 4+ hour bike ride. Plus other stuff. Tail end of a strong three week effort....

Some of the other stuff was a scheduled 3000 yard interval session in the pool on Monday--pre long ride.

I was shocked by how DEAD i was on Monday morning--I had to nap for a couple of hours later that day. In the morn in the pool, my first 100 was a 1:33 (I was doing 100/200/300X 3) and then my first 200 was 3:13 (vs an expected 1:27/3:00). so I just stopped and swam an easy 2000. On the bike my legs were beyond dead but I did suck it up and give a credible effort--pretty much pushing it for fair amounts of time--over the 4 hours. My ride probably should have been bailed on but it was the only near-term credible weather window for a long ride and I felt that I needed to HTFU and go for it!

I was crushed Monday night. Definitely some virus (and potentially a bit of over training) going on.

Lots of sleep and mellowness on tuesday--skipped a run speed session. Today better---my 100s were all 1:27-1:30 in the pool and I ran very comfortably (137-144 bpm HR) at a 8:00-8:34 pace for 5 miles....

Racing this weekend (palm springs half-marathon)--no excuses....I'll make sure I rest enough to give it a good enough go!

1 comment:

czechchick15 said...

Way to HTFU!!!!! I got your blog link from Mike Stricklin whom I used to work with at Reebok! I followed you through your Kona journey, and I am very impressed! Good luck this weekend!