Friday, July 30, 2010

Back in Minnesota

Travelled back to my home state and tonight i find myself hanging at the table in my parent's lake cottage--good to be here again!

I'm racing tomorrow in a race I know nothing about. It's the first time there has ever been a triathlon up here--about 10 miles from our lake cottage. I don't know anyone in the race. It's a qtr mile swim/17 mile bike and a 2.4 mile run--not your typical sprint but I'm not complaining about that!

I brought my TT bike and it's all set to go--out there in my rental car. I did a short pre-race workout this evening and my legs are still sore, stiff and sluggish. I can still feel the effects of the intense PT i did on Wednesday--I do think all of they intense work on my glutes, hammies, flexors, etc. is taking a toll in how my legs feel day-to-day. I still think its a real benefit but its probably not a real plus for my near-term racing plans.

In any event, I do fully expect to see a bounce back from Stone Harbor--I don't expect to be fully recovered but I certainly hope to do better than on the 18th....we'll see!

No comments: