Sunday, July 4, 2010

tough day at the office

Here are the headlines--I'll work on a race report on the way home....

Non-wetsuit swim so very slow for me (I am a lousy non-wetsuit swimmer especially when I haven't practiced it). worse than the time penalty was the metabolic cost--I was pretty tired after the swim for sure...

On the bike, easrly on I had great power but my hip acted up almost immediately--by mile 5. Very debilitating. Unable to stay in aero position and the pain was intense. Had to just coast down all the descents just to try to maske it throgh the bike--135 watts! (my easy spin watt target is 150).

Of the bike I could barely walk--took a long time in transition and decided to just walk the marathon for a while hoping my hip would loosen up. It did and I actually ran a negative split for the second lap. Heat got to me and i was feeling very sick and dizzy--forced to walk to stay on my feet. Very slow, though pleasant 2nd half-marathon.

Just tried to get to the finish safe and sound and in this I was successful--feel pretty good tonight all things considered.

Need to fix my hip soon!

No comments: