Thursday, January 7, 2010

pluggin away

Lots of work/travel but trying to plug away. Good set of w/os today:

3 hours on computrainer with core set of 12 x 3 min @ 250+ watts/2 min @ around 180 watts. The core averaged 223 watts for the hour. I probably could have handled 270+ watts for the hard part of the w/o as I'm guessing my FTP is around there but I'm cpmmitted to not frying my brain early in the year so that I'm still motivated in November. In any event 223 watts at the rear cassette is equivalent to 228 watts at the pedals and given the quantum nature of the w/o my normalized power was certainly north of 230 watts. I'd like to be in the 230-240 watt range at Ocenaside so this was a fine effort.

Hopped off the bike for an extended (45 min) transition run on the tready then went to the Y for a solid swim w/o including a set of 200s which were all comfortably in the 2:55-2:57 range.

Then a nice run double of 30 minutes.

This doesn't exactly set me up for lots of energy at sunday's 10-miler but as much as I'd like to go fast on sunday I need to train through these early season road races...

No comments: