Tuesday, January 26, 2010

so, does an easy week, work?

Yesterday was travelling back from Utah.

Today was myriad life and work tasks to tackle. Including a trip down to NYC where I sit in my bleak hotel room tonight....scuffling for sure right now.

Did get a chance, and was excited to see how my bod responded to the bit of R&R last week. I didn't get a chance to find out on the bike as that requires a time commitment--just a short spin (but I felt good).

Due to the knee I wanted to be cautious with my run but the 6 miles I did run I ran with some nice zip. I (of course) felt my knee here and there throughout but I'm psyched to say it's not bad. I may try to squeeze a harder/longer run in tomorrow if I can finagle. Knee injections soon will hopefully liberate me from my present constraints.

In the pool I did have the aforementioned chance to see. I hadn't swam in 6 days so it's a bit like a taper effect (of course in a real taper i'd swim enough to keep my feel). I did a lot of warm-up and drills and then went at it with 200s going on 4. I averaged 2:54 (!!!!!) with the last being 2:52. Then I did some 50s and finally two 25s which I brought home both in less than 14 seconds (wow).

while I know the above times suck from a fish point of view, i'm thrilled. Last week my 200s were 3:02-3:06 and I've NEVER been under 15 seconds for a 25.

If my knee continues to limit me on the run then I'll put an extra effort into my swim as I now firmly believe that I'm on the verge of my best swim season ever.....

Guess it's good to take an easy week every now and then...

No comments: