Sunday, January 5, 2014

I think I'm "BACK"!?!

So you know I've been nursing a bad back for a bit more than 3 weeks.  Over the past week I've had 3 intense PT sessions on it, sat in the tub, stretched and applied some DMSO, took some skellaxan and advil.   either due to this or in spite of it, my back mow seems to have responded.  It has been getting gradually better each day over the last 5 days.  The last three mornings when I woke up I was pain-free, which was an enormous relief after dealing with continuous, significant pain for 3 weeks or so.

I was able to get three modest climbs in locally--one with a 50 pound vest on.  I was also able to use my big mountaneering boots twice, one with crampons so it was a nice opportunity to do a final check on my equipment.

I'm encouraged enough to head down to Shenandoah for one more big 5-7 hour climb with a full pack.  This will be my final workout of any significance before I leave for Argentina on Friday--this will be my last go/no-go check-point.  I'm pretty optimistic at this point.

My modest totals for this week were: 12:47 total time with 4:17 climbing and 136 miles on my bike.

No comments: